- Serves: 2
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 slices of bacon, roughly chopped
- 3 large fresh chorizo sausages, casing removed, crumbled
- 2 waxy potatoes, par boiled, sliced into 2cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 large eggs
- 1 avocado, finely sliced
- 150g cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 large tortillas
For the pico de gallo:
- 2 large tomatoes, cored, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- A good handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- Dash of Tabasco – optional
- Sea salt
Place a large frying pan over a medium high heat and cook the sausage meat and bacon bits until sizzling and crispy. Drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
Place the pan back on the heat, drizzle with oil and add the potatoes. Season the potatoes in the pan with sea salt and smoked paprika. Fry until crisp and golden.
Remove to the plate with the sausage and bacon.
For the pico de gallo, mix all the ingredients in a bowl and season to taste with salt – add a dash of Tabasco sauce if it needs more heat.
Place the pan back on a low to medium heat. Whisk together the eggs and pour into the frying pan. Using a spatula or wooden spoon scramble the eggs until they are still slightly runny but cooked through.
Assemble the burritos by spreading each tortilla with a little pico de gallo and topping with bacon, sausage, potatoes, avocado and cheese. Wrap up the tortilla and place on a hot griddle pan until they have deep char marks on all sides. Split in two and serve straight away or wrap in tin foil to go.