Serves: 4 Total time:45 minutes
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablesp. rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large red peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 teasp. ground cumin
- 1 teasp. smoked paprika
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- A pinch of sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 120g goats’ cheese
- 1 handful of chopped coriander
NUTRITION PER SERVING
- Kcal 490kcal
- Protein 22g
- total fat 21g
- iron 2.9mg
- carbs 52g
Heat oven to Gas Mark 4, 180°C (350°F).
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and red peppers and cook gently until very soft. This will take about 20 minutes.
Add the garlic, cumin and smoked paprika and cook for another minute or two. Stir in the tomatoes and a pinch of sugar. Season with salt and black pepper and simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
Transfer to an ovenproof dish. Make four wells with the back of a spoon, large enough to hold an egg. Break the eggs into the wells and crumble over the goats’ cheese.
Place the dish in the oven and bake until the eggs are just set, 10 to 15 minutes.
Sprinkle with coriander and serve with crusty bread and a green salad.