Serves: 4 Total time:45 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 2 avocados, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 2 x 400g tins of mixed beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Handful of tortilla chips, crunched
To serve: Crusty Bread
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablesp. olive oil
- 1 teasp. honey
- 1 teasp. Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and mashed
- ½ teasp. ground cumin
NUTRITION PER SERVING
- Kcal 709kcal
- Protein 29g
- total fat 26g
- saturates 3g
- iron 5.8mg
- carbs 90g
To cook the eggs: Place the eggs in a saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to simmer. Cook for 5 minutes. The yolks will be a bit runny at this stage, if you like them cooked through, increase the time to 7 minutes.
Remove from the heat and run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
To make the dressing: Combine all the ingredients in a jam jar, season, cover and shake to combine.
To make up the salad: Place the avocados in a large bowl along with the beans, onion, tomatoes, pepper, chilli and most of the coriander. Mix well and season.
When the eggs are cooled but are still warm, peel off the shells and cut into quarters. Toss the salad with the dressing and place the eggs on top.
Sprinkle over the reserved coriander and and a handful of crushed tortilla chips. Serve straight away with some crusty bread.